Public employers do not have a unilateral right to change the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with their workers merely by citing an economic crisis, the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.
The NJ FOP Legislative corner is compiled by Peter Guzzo PHD. Dr. Guzzo has successfully advocated for the rights and benefits of both law enforcement officers and firefighters, as well as for expanding the rights of injured workers in New Jersey's Workers Compensation Courts. For many years, Dr. Guzzo has also coordinated the work of Consumers for Civil Justice, a coalition of citizen, labor, civil rights, victim rights, environmental and public health organizations committed to promoting and defending the interests of consumers and victims of wrongdoing through fair and equal access to the civil justice system and government.
The NJ FOP legislative corner provides important information encompassing law enforcement, labor, and all other FOP related issues facing the state legislature
- Newark Mayor jeopardizes police and fire unions’ healthcare!
- NJFOP-initiated bill that expands the list of retired officers who can handguns becomes Law!
- Summer, 2017 Legislative Report
- FOP President Fox speaks out against Gov. Christie’s conditional veto on our pension bill!
- Assemblyman Benson continues to work for fair compensation for public employees injured by inmates or detainees