Public employers do not have a unilateral right to change the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with their workers merely by citing an economic crisis, the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.
The NJ FOP Legislative corner is compiled by Peter Guzzo PHD. Dr. Guzzo has successfully advocated for the rights and benefits of both law enforcement officers and firefighters, as well as for expanding the rights of injured workers in New Jersey's Workers Compensation Courts. For many years, Dr. Guzzo has also coordinated the work of Consumers for Civil Justice, a coalition of citizen, labor, civil rights, victim rights, environmental and public health organizations committed to promoting and defending the interests of consumers and victims of wrongdoing through fair and equal access to the civil justice system and government.
The NJ FOP legislative corner provides important information encompassing law enforcement, labor, and all other FOP related issues facing the state legislature
- Sweeney bill would have Police & Fire Unions Manage their own Pension Investments
- Governor Murphy recommends positive changes to Senate Bill No. 5
- Personal Message from President Fox…
- The following bills had action recently
- Surviving Officer shot in Camden receives visit from FOP Pres and call from Gov-elect!