2014-2016 NJ State Fraternal Order of Police Executive Board
NJFOP Officers: Front row (left to right) Recording Secretary James Ford, Vice President James Stewart, President Robert W. Fox, Executive Vice President Robert Gries, Sergeant at Arms Kenneth Hawkins.
Back row (left to right) Corresponding Secretary Wayne Winkler, National FOP Trustee Ron Bakley, Chaplain Kevin Karcher, Jr., and Treasurer George Kline.
President Robert W. Fox
- Elected to a two-year term as President of the NJ State FOP Lodge in August, 2014.
- Member of the Fraternal Order of Police since 1973 and served as Cherry Hill police officer for 25 years.
- Held several offices in Cherry Hill FOP Lodge #28, including: Treasurer, State Trustee, Guard and President for 14 years.
- NJ State FOP Lodge dates back to the early 90’s and held a myriad of elected positions over the years.
- Served as the National Trustee for two years, Sergeant at Arms for two years, Chaplain for 12 years, and Executive Vice President for eight years.
- 2008-09, was assigned to the Attorney General’s Suicide Task Force to develop a video to be used at every police academy to help prevent suicides
Executive Vice President Bob Gries
- Elected as Executive Vice President of the NJ State FOP Lodge in August, 2014.
- Member of the Fraternal Order of Police since 1989 and served as a Monmouth County Sheriff’s Officer and retired after 25 Years of Meritorious Service in 2008.
- Held several offices in Monmouth County Lodges #30, #45, #73 including:
Secretary and Chairman of Bylaws Committee Lodge #30 from 2004 to Present, State Trustee of Lodge 45 from 1996 to 2001 and President of Lodge #73 from 1989 until 1992.
- Member of State FOP Legal Aid Committee: 1992 to 1994, 2002 to present
- Held number of State FOP Committee Memberships including Sick And Vigil (2000-Present, Chairman 2008-2010), Awards (1998-2000), Ways and Means (1997-1998), Expansion (1996-1998), Solicitation (1994 to 1996), Bylaws (1990-1992)
Vice President James Stewart
- Member of Newark Lodge #12 since 1995
- Detective at the Newark Police Department
- Special duties held at Newark Police includes Patrol Division (1995-1999) and (2008-2010), Investigative Section (2000-2006), Prisoner Processing Division (2006-2008)
- Served on a number of State FOP Committees: Legislative Committee (2010-Present), PFRS Local Pension Committee (2011-Present)
- Local FOP Offices held include: Executive Board Member since 2003, Trustee (2006-2010), Vice President (2010-2012), President (2012-Present)
Corresponding Secretary Wayne Winkler
- Charter Member of Moorestown Lodge #109 Since 1990
- Served as a Moorestown Police Sergeant and retired after 26 Years of Service.
- Held offices in Moorestown Lodge #109 including President (1990-2004), and held the Presidency of the Previous Police Association for 7 Years.
- Served in a number of NJ State FOP Offices including Corresponding Secretary (2002-Present), and Sergeant at Arms (1996-2002)
- Member and Chair of Several State Committees – Chairman of the Scholarships and Easter Seals. Member of Solicitation and Compliance Committees, and Former Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee
Treasurer George Kline
- Member of Willingboro Lodge #38 Since 1981
- Served as a Member of the Willingboro Police Department and retired as a Lieutenant after 25 Years of Meritorious Service.
- Special duties held at Willingboro Police included SWAT Team member (1986-1996), Field Training Officer (1991-1999), WPD Firearms Instructor (1994-2006), Burlington County Police Academy Firearms and Radar Instructor (1994-2007).
- Served in a number of NJ State FOP Offices including Treasurer (2002-Present), and Recording Secretary (1996-2002)
Recording Secretary James Ford
- Founder and President of Florence FOP Lodge #210
- Detective at The Florence Township Police Department
- Special duties held at Florence Police includes TAC Officer, Traffic Safety Unit, Gang Task Force, and President of The Burlington County Detectives Association.
- Member of the National FOP Memorial Committee
- Received Several Awards including FBI Outstanding Service Award, ASIS Narcotics Investigation Award, American Legion New Jersey EMT of the Year Award, Florence FOP Lodge# 210 Member of The Year Award
Sergeant at Arms Kenneth Hawkins
- Founder and Former President of Essex County Department of Corrections FOP Lodge #71
- Corrections Officer at Essex County Department Of Corrections with 28 Years of Service
- Chairman of State FOP PERC Committee
- Serves on Numerous State FOP Committees including the Expansion Committee (2002 to Present), Labor Committee (2002 to Present), Tactical North Committee (2002 to Present)
- Negotiating Experience: Led a PERC victory in 2001 after three previous attempts.
Chaplain Kevin Karcher Sr.
- Member and Former President of Monroe Township Lodge #125
- Retired in the Rank of Lieutenant at the Monroe Township Police Department after 28 Years of Service
- Member and Chairman of the State FOP Sick and Vigil, and 31st State Biennial Conference Committees
- Served as State Delegate of Monroe Township Lodge #125 for 19 Years
- Special Duties While on the Force Included D.A.R.E. Officer, Gloucester County E.R.T. member, Safe Streets Coordinator, Range Instructor, Gloucester County Awards Committee Treasurer
National Trustee Ronald Bakley
- Retired in the Rank of Detective at Gloucester Township Police Department after 28 Years of Service
- Member and Former President of Intercounty Lodge #9 (since 1973)
- Served on a Number of National FOP Committees Including Chairman of the National Recruitment Committee (2004-2011), National Trustee (1995-Present), Legislative Committee
- Served on a Number of State FOP Committees Including Legislative Committee (2008-Present), Solicitation Committee (1994-1998), Bylaws Committee (1992-1994), Expansion Committee
- Served on a Number of Local FOP Committees including Co-Chairman of the Lodge Bylaws Committee and Member of the Lodge Awards Committee