CREATED TO PROTECT AND EXPAND THE RIGHTS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS WHILE PROVIDING THE HIGHEST QUALITY SERVICE AT THE MOST AFFORDABLE RATES
THE FOP LEGAL DEFENSE AGREEMENT (LDA) APPLIES TO CRIMINAL, CIVIL AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS ARISING FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT DUTY RELATED ACTIVITIES
Criminal • Civil • Administrative
LDA provides unlimited benefits per covered incident for the defense of duty-related criminal, civil and administrative matters. Benefits include unlimited legal fees, court costs, transcript fees and other miscellaneous costs regarding the matter. Every administrative charge is covered with no exclusions.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What benefits do I receive?
Unlimited legal defense costs for Duly-Related incidents involving criminal, civil or administrative proceedings.
What does “Duty-Related’ mean?
Duty-Related refers to actions of the member while performing as a law enforcement officer, including the protection of persons or property from illegal acts while the member is technically off duty or working part time.
How do I report a covered incident?
Contact the State Lodge Attorney Fusco and Macaluso, LLC at 973-779-1163, Fax 973-779-5043
ALL DUTY-RELATED INCIDENTS ARE COVERED ON DUTY – OFF DUTY – PART TIME
Duty-related refers to actions of the individual while performing his or her duties as a law enforcement officer. This includes the protection of persons or property from illegal acts while the Officer member is technically off-duty or working part time. Incidents are actual or alleged acts or omissions to which the Agreement applies. Incidents which occurred prior to enrollment are covered if the Officer member first had notice of a legal proceeding after the effective date of his or her enrollment in this Defense Agreement and Fusco and Macaluso, LLC or F.O.P. N.J. State Lodge were notified during the Agreement period.
24/7 OPERATION 973-779-1163
This Agreement is made available to you through the efforts of the F.O.P. N.J. State Lodge and the law firm of FUSCO & MACALUSO, LLC
NJ FOP-LDA VS. NJ PBA-LPP LEGAL DEFENSE AGREEMENT
Eligibility: Active and Retired law enforcement officers in good standing are eligible.
Obligations by Other Entities: This Agreement is not intended to supersede any other obligation by the State, County, Local Municipalities and Private Employers to supply defense costs and/or indemnification to law enforcement officers pursuant to applicable statues and/or contracts but merely supplements same.
This Agreement does not apply to the Following:
1. Any actual or alleged act or omission that is NON DUTY-RELATED.
2. In Civil Actions, any actual or alleged act or omission arising out of ownership, maintenance, operation, use, loading or unloading of any vehicle, watercraft or aircraft, except that this exclusion shall not apply to allegations of intentional wrong doing.
3. The cost of bail bonds, appeal bonds or other bonds.
4. Payment of any monetary judgments, awards,settlements, fines or penalties of any kind.
5. Any incidents occurring prior to the effective date of this Agreement if the member at the effective date knew or could reasonably have foreseen that such incident might be the basis of a suit, proceeding or action.
6. Arbitration fees.
7. Non-FOP members.
8. Labor Grievances.
9. If you leave the plan and seek outside counsel, You are responsible for payment to said counsel. The plan will not cover you or your counsel.
COUNSEL OF RECORD
Fusco and Macaluso, LLC. Attorneys at Law will represent all covered FOP members for incidents as set forth in the Legal Defense Agreement.